Professor of Linguistics
Director of IULMA – Interuniversity Institute of Applied Modern Languages
IULMA – Institut Interuniversitari de Llengües Modernes Aplicades
Department of English and German Philology
Facultat de Filologia, Traducció i Comunicació
Universitat de València
I lecture on English language and linguistics at the Department of English and German Philology, University of Valencia. I teach English Discourse Analysis and History and Culture of English Speaking Countries to under-graduate students of English Studies, and Discourse in the Media at graduate level.
I am a research member of the Interuniversity Institute of Applied Modern Languages (IULMA). My research interests include (gender) identities and ideologies, (im)politeness, discourse of social conflicts, inter-/ cross-cultural communication and digital discourse analysis. I have published in international journals like Intercultural Pragmatics, Journal of Pragmatics, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Journal of Politeness Research, Journal of Language and Politics, Gender and Language, Pragmatics and Society and Journal of Language Aggression and Conflict. I am editor of several volumes and special issues including: Language Aggression against Women (2014, the Journal of Language Aggression and Conflict), Exploring language aggression against women (Benjamins, 2016) and co-editor of The Pragmatics of Textual Participation in the Social Media (2014, Journal of Pragmatics) and Analyzing Digital Discourse: New Insights and Future Directions (2019, Palgrave Macmillan).
I have evaluated manuscripts for international scholarly journals and publishers.
I serve on the board of :
- Spanish in Context (Co-editor, since 2019)
- Journal of Language Aggression and Conflict (Editorial board, since 2013)
- Internet Pragmatics (Editorial board, since 2017)
- Verbum et Lingua: Didáctica, Lengua y Cultura (Advisory board, since 2020)
- English Studies. Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canarias (Scientific Committee, since 2018)
- Cambridge Scholars Publishers (Series: Advances in Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis)